Welcome to Guildford Boat House
We offer boating on the River Wey from our base in Guildford. You can choose to hire a rowing boat or canoe for an hour or two, or enjoy a relaxing River Trip with friends, and even have a meal on board. Or for a longer trip, enjoy a narrowboat holiday with us, for a few days, or more.
You can choose the length of your holidays, and below are some routes that we can suggest for boating holidays, taking into account the duration of your trip:
- Three or Four Night Short Break: Godalming at the southern end to Weybridge at the northern end, whereyou will pass towns and villages including Godalming and Guildford, Send, Ripley and Weybridge.
- One Week: As above, plus some time on the Thames going upstream to Windsor and downstream to Hampton Court.
- Ten or Eleven Nights: Experience the River Wey and head upstream on the River Thames to Henley-on-Thames.
- Two Weeks: Either experience the Rivers Wey and Thames to Oxford, a more energetic cruise to Reading and along the Kennet & Avon Canal to Newbury and return.
- Three Weeks: Travel on the River Wey then River Thames to Lechlade, passing Oxford, and then returning. Or for the more experienced crew the Thames Ring: River Wey, River Thames, Oxford Canal, Grand Union Canal, and a short journey on the Thames Tideway and back onto the River Wey is also a possibility.
Our boats are traditional, but equipped with modern facilities. On board you will find everything you need for a comfortable stay, including:
- A fully fitted kitchen with cooker and fridge
- Flushing toilets
- Full-length beds
- Gas heating, so you can enjoy a holiday with us all year
- Colour TV