Learn to Stand Up PaddleboardSKU: 18957
Description of Learn to Stand Up PaddleboardHove Lagoon, Brighton, Sussex offers the perfect location to learn to Stand up Paddleboard ( SUP ). The calm, flat shallow water is ideal for beginners with the challenges of the sea with in easy reach.
SUPing uses a big board which you stand on with paddle to propel yourself. It is a very versatile and fun sport that enables you to enjoy being on the water in many different ways. SUPing is a great way to enjoy being on the water with other people of all ages, particularly as the basic skills are relatively easy to grasp with the right guidance.
As you become more confident a whole world of paddling opens up including coastal, lake and river touring, racing and even SUP surfing.
Course Content Includes:
- Kneel and stand up on the paddle board
- Self rescue and safety techniques
- Basic turns
- Paddle techniques
- Flat water paddling techniques
- How to carry the equipment
- Be aware of different conditions and the environment
Prerequisites: This course is aimed at complete beginners. Non swimmers please advise us in advance.
What to bring
All you need to bring is an old pair of shoes you don’t mind getting wet, towel and swim wear. We sell neoprene shoes in the office. Wetsuit, buoyancy aid and SUP equipment hire is included.
- The BSUPA Beginner Course at Lagoon Watersports
- Run by experienced and friendly BSUPA instructors.
- All specialised equipment is provided, including wetsuits.
- Suitable for complete beginners or those with a little experience - we train everyone from kids to grandparents!
- Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 6 people
- Master the basics of the board, balance and to paddle the board in all directions
- Perfect learning location of Hove Lagoon combining shallow and flat water right next to the sea which we will paddle on if conditions are suitable.
- Course Objective: You will be able to paddle the SUP with a degree confidence in all directions on calm water. On completion of the course you will receive a BSUPA ready to ride certificate.